Space NK UK

Monday 21 July 2014

MAC Monday: MAC Woodwinked Eye Shadow

MAC Woodwinked Veluxe Pearl eye shadow

In my opinion, MAC eye shadows are the best out there. This perhaps goes some way to explain why I have so many of them! So this week's MAC Monday is dedicated to an eye shadow I have been wearing a lot recently - MAC Woodwinked.

I bought Woodwinked a year ago when I passing through an airport. I normally buy MAC eye shadows in the pro palette format - they are slightly cheaper and fit into my big palette. But in the airport they only had the single eyeshadow pots. I must admit that when I returned from that holiday the single pot got lost somewhere amidst the chaos of my make up collection. It was a case of out of sight out of mind for a while, until someone mentioned it online and I had to dig it out!

MAC Woodwinked Veluxe Pearl eye shadow


Woodwinked is a veluxe pearl finish eye shadow, so it has some shimmer to it - but not chunky glitter. It is very soft and easily blendable. Colour wise it is an antique gold colour with hints of a yellow toned bronze. It really brings out the blue of my eyes but would also look good with brown or green eyes.

I use Woodwinked all over the lid and use a darker colour such as Satin Taupe or Swiss Chocolate (which I reviewed HERE) in the crease and corners. I don't wear much eye liner with it - just a subtle brown gel liner and of course lots of mascara.


MAC Woodwinked Veluxe Pearl eye shadow and MAC Satin Taupe swatch
MAC Woodwinked Veluxe Pearl eye shadow
MAC Woodwinked Eye Shadow

Woodwinked looks better with a warm toned lip - something like MAC Ravishing (which I reviewed last week HERE) or my other current favourite - my Clinique Chubby Stick in Mega MelonMega Melon is quite sheer, but it is a lovely warm golden terracotta beige colour (?).

Woodwinked will look great for summer evenings and I'm definitely taking it on my holiday next week! I also think it is a lovely autumnal colour (especially when those plum lipsticks come out again).

MAC Woodwinked is £12.50 for the single shadow HERE or £10 for the pro palette version HERE.

Which are your favourite MAC eye shadows?

Want more MAC Monday? Check out my previous posts HERE and also take a look at Swatch and Review and see what Julie has reviewed this week.


2 comments:

  1. This is the prettiest eye shadow colour! Must add it to my collection/palette immediately! :)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete